TalonTalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TalonTalk

A fun, friendly, welcoming and positive forum where bloggers, nail artists, nail technicians, indies and nail polish lovers can chat about their passion and show off their talent!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

someone teach me to tweet? Lol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
katiejustkatie

someone teach me to tweet? Lol Empty
PostSubject: someone teach me to tweet? Lol   someone teach me to tweet? Lol EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:03 am

Ok so I know I'm following a couple of you guys on Twitter and I can cope with sharing blog posts and even the occasional giveaway. Asides from that I'm clueless. Though I'm not the smartest cookie around, I'm not totally moronic....But I still can't get my head around this whole @JohnDoe hash tag retweet thing. Seriously kids can work this! Lol. Anyone help me out? xx
Back to top Go down
UnicornLyndsay

PostSubject: Re: someone teach me to tweet? Lol   someone teach me to tweet? Lol EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:41 pm

*whispers* Hey Katie! I'll let you in on a secret, I kind of make it up as I go along! With hashtags, I know you can search for them, and it'll show you a list of all the people who've used them, and therefore if you use one, you end up on that list. They get used a lot to have big discussions between lots of people who don't necessarily follow each other. #bbloggers is used to highlight beauty blogs (I think!), so you could use that if you tweet about a blog post with any nail art in, and more people will be able to find it.

As for @whoever, if you put that in a message (for eg, if you wrote a tweet with @unicornlyndsay in it) that person would get a notification to say that you'd mentioned them, and everyone else would be able to see it too.

Retweeting is great because it allows more people to see a tweet. Say I wrote something on twitter, it can be seen by my 160ish followers, but then if Tara likes it and retweets it, it also goes on her feed, so her 1200+ followers can see it too, like free advertising Razz

Hope that helps a bit Smile
xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.etsy.com/shop/unicornslovenails
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: someone teach me to tweet? Lol   someone teach me to tweet? Lol EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:41 am

Fab explanation! Much better than I can explain twitter!
Back to top Go down
https://talontalk.forumotion.co.uk
katiejustkatie

PostSubject: Re: someone teach me to tweet? Lol   someone teach me to tweet? Lol EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:50 am

Ah thank you so much! Think I may finally understand the hash tag thing!! I don't understand why I find this so complicated lol I'm perfectly capable of using fb afterall. Admittedly the whole character limit is an issue, I like to ramble... You may have noticed Haha. Maybe I'll start experimenting with retweeting a few things (this is the same as 'sharing' on fb then?). Xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: someone teach me to tweet? Lol   someone teach me to tweet? Lol Empty

Back to top Go down

someone teach me to tweet? Lol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TalonTalk :: Off topic-
Jump to: