TalonTalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TalonTalk

A fun, friendly, welcoming and positive forum where bloggers, nail artists, nail technicians, indies and nail polish lovers can chat about their passion and show off their talent!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

so what do we all do when not polishing?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
katiejustkatie

so what do we all do when not polishing? Empty
PostSubject: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:17 am

Awesome as nails are I assume we all have some sort of life outside of laquerland?
And I'm nosey :p what do you do for work? play? got a family? Any interesting skeletons in the closet? Ok so I'm being silly with that one but the first three still stand lol.
I'm a community careworker, working with elderly people. Still living at home while I save up/look for a rich husband, whichever comes first ;-). I'm a bellringer and a guide leader and a tentative darts player. Also studying with the OU but taking a break atm. X
Back to top Go down
stardotbop

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:04 am

I'm married with 2 children, Caitlin 8 and Joshua 5. We live in Leeds and I'm a big Leeds united fan but don't get to many games cos its so expensive! I work at tesco picking all the online shopping its sounds fun but it isn't really. Don't really have any hobbies (apart from nails!) but we like going on family days out and those kind of things! I have a cat and a conure (it's like a little parrot) but it hates me and always bites me but loves my hubby. I really want another cat but he won't let me Sad
X x x x x x x Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:26 am

A bellringer? That's so cool!

Hahahahaha! That's so mean that your bird hates you! Animals are crazy!

My job is TarasTalons, I'm married with no kids or pets but I'm hopefully getting a pet hedgehog on Thursday! I have four sisters and two of them are 13 and 15 so I spend lots of time with them! I also love reading, watching films and singing Embarassed Shocked  badly! HAHAHA! xx
Back to top Go down
https://talontalk.forumotion.co.uk
katiejustkatie

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Stardot-I think you definitely deserve another cat as compensation for being bitten all the time! And caitlin is such a pretty name Smile.x
Tara- a pet hedgehog?! That's so random but so cool Haha. I sing badly too... especially when I'm driving Hehe. And ringing is amazing fun Very Happy. X
Back to top Go down
stardotbop

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 pm

That's a good idea I'll tell hubby when he gets home hehe!
A pet hedgehog aww but do they still hibernate in winter if there pets? Smile
Back to top Go down
UnicornLyndsay

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Haha pet hedgehog? That sounds so cool!

I live in Llandudno junction on the north wales coast with my boyfriend (who rolls his eyes every time I mention nails) no pets because we live in a rented house so we aren't allowed any, but we're planning to buy our first house next year, and then we want a Labrador! I also have a very elderly rabbit at my parents house, he's 9 years old now and just lives free range in the garden Razz
I work in the co-op as a supervisor, which I hate, but it pays the bills Smile
I have a sister who's 19 in university, and she makes the best fudge in all the world, and I don't really have any hobbies away from nails, but I do love reading and cooking Smile

Oh and I once hitch-hiked from Bristol to morocco for charity and it was the best thing I've ever done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.etsy.com/shop/unicornslovenails
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 pm

stardotbop wrote:
No, you buy them a special heat mat and then they stay awake Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 pm

stardotbop wrote:
Very Happy I am quite random! Haha! I love hedgehogs!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 pm

UnicornLyndsay wrote:
Haha pet hedgehog? That sounds so cool!

I live in Llandudno junction on the north wales coast with my boyfriend (who rolls his eyes every time I mention nails) no pets because we live in a rented house so we aren't allowed any, but we're planning to buy our first house next year, and then we want a Labrador! I also have a very elderly rabbit at my parents house, he's 9 years old now and just lives free range in the garden Razz
I work in the co-op as a supervisor, which I hate, but it pays the bills Smile
I have a sister who's 19 in university, and she makes the best fudge in all the world, and I don't really have any hobbies away from nails, but I do love reading and cooking Smile

Oh and I once hitch-hiked from Bristol to morocco for charity and it was the best thing I've ever done!
Wow! Hitchhiking all that way! What an adventure!

Fudge? Homemade fudge? Does she sell it? Where do I buy it? x
Back to top Go down
katiejustkatie

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:11 pm

You hitchhiked to Morocco? That's amazing! Clearly I'm involved in the wrong charity events, it's all running and walking and sleeping in cardboard boxes haha. Labrador is pretty exciting too (house as well of course but labrador! Yay! Lol). We have a springer spaniel who's bonkers hehe.
Oh and it's one of many annoying traits of bellringers that I read llandudno and my first reaction was 'Oh I've rung there' :p.
Tara- random is good Smile. X
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Awwww! I love springer spaniels! I really want a miniature sausage dog! (A chipolata dog?) but our garden is huge and backs onto loads of trees, then a field and then a motorway so we can't Sad

Haha! Do you travel to lots of places to bell ring?
Back to top Go down
katiejustkatie

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Aww that Sucks Sad I lives the idea of calling them chipolata dogs though Hehe. There are a handful of places I ring regularly. But then we travel round most of Norfolk and Suffolk for association events/quarter peals/meeting other ringers. Plus outings to neighbouring counties...and we go on 'ringing holidays' all over England which is more fun than it sounds! Some of my fellow ringers have been on ringing holidays all over the world.
Oh dear I ramble sorry! It's always dangerous to get me talking about ringing lol. X
Back to top Go down
stardotbop

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Chipolata dog love it! Hitchhicking all that way sounds amazing bet you have some stories to tell! I forgot to mention we also have 4 goldfish which the cat loves to try and get! x x Smile
Back to top Go down
UnicornLyndsay

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Admin wrote:

Wow! Hitchhiking all that way! What an adventure!

Fudge? Homemade fudge? Does she sell it? Where do I buy it? x
The hitchhiking was insane, there were some pretty rough parts, like sleeping on the floor of a petrol station in France because we couldn't find anywhere to put up a tent, but it's a big organised thing, and when we got to morocco we met loads of other hitchers and made some amazing friends out there.

She sometimes sells the fudge if we do charity cake sales through work (yeah she makes epic cakes too) but its usually something she does for presents. I've been trying to convince her to set up an online shop for it lol x
Back to top Go down
swishienails

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:15 am

LLandudno is am hour away from me!!!!! Except I don't drive Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
http://www.swishienails.co.uk
UnicornLyndsay

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:16 am

swishienails wrote:
LLandudno is am hour away from me!!!!! Except I don't drive Crying or Very sad 
Oh where abouts are you?! Xx
Back to top Go down
swishienails

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:19 am

Oh my gosh I'm such a fool I got Llandudno mixed up with Ludlow...... oh the shame. Moms laughing at me now
Back to top Go down
UnicornLyndsay

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:20 am

Hahaha!!! Fair enough!!!
Back to top Go down
swishienails

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:30 am

I'm not good with places or world maps. Would you believe I got a C in geography? they never once asked me about maps in my GCSE thankfully. Not a total lost cause though if we get lost I somehow can navigate myself back lol.
Back to top Go down
katiejustkatie

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:29 pm

^Haha actual places don't feature much in geography now do they? I managed an a* babbling about sustainability and the kobe earthquake (wow in so glad that stuff is still taking up room in my brain! Lol) but struggle to even find my way around Norfolk! x
Back to top Go down
katiejustkatie

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:41 pm

^Haha actual places don't feature much in geography now do they? I managed an a* babbling about sustainability and the kobe earthquake (wow in so glad that stuff is still taking up room in my brain! Lol) but struggle to even find my way around Norfolk! x
Back to top Go down
katiejustkatie

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Oh sorry for the double post how did I do that?
Back to top Go down
swishienails

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 10:12 pm

I don't know it did it to me earlier? ahhh see panjea and the tectonic plates, earth quakes and the like stick in mine
Back to top Go down
katiejustkatie

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:13 pm

Ah plate tectonics always a joy! It's bound to come in handy one of these days right?! Lol. X
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:12 am

Double post = forum déjà vu? haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so what do we all do when not polishing?   so what do we all do when not polishing? Empty

Back to top Go down

so what do we all do when not polishing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TalonTalk :: Off topic-
Jump to: